Parkersburg Sexual Harassment Attorney
Seeking Justice for Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace
On-the-job sexual harassment comes in many forms. It is not always a direct offer for sex, and it can happen to someone from any gender.
Your workplace is stressful enough without inappropriate, uninvited sexual advancements. If you’ve been harassed at work, trust or firm to help. With over 10 years of experience, we can put our skills to work for you.
Types of Workplace Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment can be direct, such as repeated offers for sex or even quid-pro-quo, where you are offered career advancement for sexual favors.
Harassment can also be indirect. Examples include:
- Offensive, sexual jokes
- Comments on your body
- Unwanted touching, including people brushing against you
- Offensive comments about one’s gender or sexual orientation
Your own feelings are a good barometer of whether you’ve experienced sexual harassment. If an interaction left you feeling uncomfortable, that may be all the proof you need.
Don’t let uncertainty prevent you from acting. Let us review your case. If we spot evidence of sexual harassment, we can help you pursue justice.
How Can A Sexual Harassment Lawyer In Parkersburg Help Me?
If you are facing sexual harassment in the workplace, there are certain steps that need to be taken in order to ensure that your rights are protected. Having a lawyer by your side is critical for ensuring that your rights and future in work are addressed. Your sexual harassment attorney will have worked with many other individuals facing a similar struggle to you and will be able to provide you with the legal advice and support that you need.
A sexual harassment lawyer can help you in some of the following ways:
- Legal Support: Your lawyer will help to ensure that you have all of the legal knowledge that you need to ensure that your rights are protected and that you know all of the legal options available to you concerning the matter.
- Protection: There are certain steps that you will need to take before reporting harassment. Your lawyer will discuss the matter with you and assist you in creating an outline of the description of the harassing conduct). This will help to ensure that you have everything that you need before speaking to HR.
- Answers: You may have questions, such as whether what you are experiencing at work is defined as sexual harassment. Your lawyer will provide you with all of the legal guidance that you need and will provide clarity for you regarding all of your questions.
- Representation: Your attorney will be there to represent and fight for you in court, in the situation that your case gets escalated.
If you are experiencing harassment in the workplace, don't wait. Getting the professional help that you need is crucial. Contact our team of sexual harassment lawyers in Parkersburg today to schedule a free consultation, and to learn more about what we can do to help you.
If you’ve been sexually harassed at your Parkersburg job, call Bailess Law Firm today at (304) 841-0037.
Sexual Harassment Liability
Most companies don’t want to litigate a sexual harassment case. We can help you settle out of court, getting you fair compensation for your troubles. If necessary, we can take the fight to court.
You could receive financial for your lost wages or pain and suffering, including mental distress. In a particularly egregious case, the court may award you punitive damages. This is extra money the defendant must pay simply as a form of punishment.
Bailess Law Firm PLLC is here to help you receive justice for your sexual harassment case in Parkersburg. You can contact our attorneys online, or call us at (304) 841-0037 today.